Our Departmental Undergraduate Commencement Ceremony will be held Sunday, May 10, 2015 at 1:00 pm in Carmichael Arena. Below are important announcements or answers to general inquiries. Please contact us at (919) 843-5467 with additional questions.
- You do not need to register for Commencement. If you are eligible to graduate December 2014, May 2015, or August 2015, you are welcome to attend.
- The ceremony is open to the public and no tickets are needed.
- Formal invitations are mailed in April to your permanent mailing address. If you did not receive an invitation, you are still welcome to attend. If you would like a copy of the invitation, please contact (919) 843-5467.
- Graduates should arrive by 12:30 pm to line-up for the processional. Late arrivals will be seated in the back.
- There is ample handicapped/accessible seating in Carmichael Arena, but we strongly recommend that your guests, especially those who may need extra time, arrive as early as possible before our ceremony begins at 1:00 pm.
- You will not receive your diploma during Commencement. Diplomas are mailed upon completion of degree requirements at a later date.
- Parking is limited. If you attend the main ceremony in the morning, we recommend you do not attempt to re-park. Carmichael Arena is a 3 minute walk from Kenan Stadium.
- For general public parking and disability parking:
- General Public Parking:
- Cobb Deck will be available for general parking and is first-come, first-served. Cobb Parking Deck is located off of Raleigh Street.
- Public parking is also available off-campus at the Friday Center with shuttle service. Shuttles begin at 8:45 am and run continuously until 5:30 pm. Shuttles start at the Friday Center (100 Friday Center Drive) and will drop off guests at Gates 2 and 6 of Kenan Stadium.
- Disability Parking:
- Guests or students with a disability permit or plate are welcome to park in the metered parking spots along South Road. After 11 am, additional parking will be made available for the disabled in the School of Government Deck off of South Road.
- Faculty and Staff Parking:
- Cobb Deck is available for all parking and is first-come, first-served.
- Faculty and staff may also park in the Bell Tower Deck with a valid weekday permit.
- More information about parking can be found online at Transportation and Parking and via map for parking deck locations.
- General Public Parking:
The University Commencement Ceremony will be held Sunday, May 10, 2015 at 9:00 am in Kenan Stadium.
For more information, visit the University Commencement website or call University Events at (919) 962-2821.
Doctoral Hooding Ceremony
The Doctoral Hooding Ceremony will be held Saturday, May 9, 2015 at 9:30 am in the Dean E. Smith Center.
For more information, visit the Graduate School website or contact the Graduate School at (919) 966-2611.
A brief reception following the Doctoral Hooding Ceremony will be held in Davie Hall. Doctoral graduate students and their families are welcoem to stop by for a light brunch. Please contact the Clinical Psychology Program for more information.