Below are several important announcements regarding the University of North Carolina Psychology Department Undergraduate Commencement Ceremony which will be held in Carmichael Arena at 12:30PM on Sunday, May 11.
- Graduates should arrive by 12:00pm in order to line up for the processional. Late arrivals will be seated at the back.
- No tickets are needed and the ceremony is open to the public.
- The ceremony will last approximately 1.5 hours.
- All those graduating in December 2013, May 2014 or August 2014 are invited to participate.
- Formal invitations are being mailed to your permanent address this week. However, if you do not receive an invitation, you are still welcome to participate.
- Special parking will be made available to all guests with disabilities and there will be signs clearly marked around campus. Spots will be taken on a first come, first served basis. Please consult the commencement parking map located on the UNC website for more details.
- The University will provide shuttle bus services all day until 5:30pm. Pickup locations and schedules can also be found on the commencement parking map. If you plan to attend the main ceremony at 9:30am, we recommend your guests walk or take the shuttle bus from Kenan to Carmichael instead of trying to re-park, as our ceremony takes place very shortly after the main ceremony. As you know, the two facilities are very close to one another.
- There will be ample handicap accessible seating in Carmichael, but we strongly recommend your guests, especially those who may need extra time, arrive as early as possible in order to be seated before the ceremony begins at 12:30pm.
- During the ceremony, you will not be receiving your diploma when you walk across the stage but rather a letter from the chair. Your diploma will be mailed to you at a later date.
Contact Rachel Sparks with additional questions.
Please contact the University Events Office at 919-962-0045 for information regarding the University Ceremony at Kenan Stadium. Additional information can be found on the commencement website.
Doctoral Hooding Ceremony
Please contact the Graduate School at 919-966-2611 or 919-962-6329 for questions regarding the Doctoral Hooding Ceremony. Additional information can be found on their website.