The UNC Psychology Department’s Undergraduate Commencement Ceremony will be held in Carmichael Arena at 1:00 PM on Sunday, May 10, 2015.
Below are several important announcements regarding our departmental commencement ceremony. Please contact Tamsen Foote at (919) 843-5467 with additional questions.
- Graduates should arrive by 12:30 pm in order to line up for the processional. Late arrivals will be seated at the back.
- No tickets are needed and the ceremony is open to the public.
- The ceremony will last approximately 1.5 hours.
- All those graduating in December 2014, May 2015 or August 2015 are invited to participate.
- Formal invitations will be mailed to your permanent mailing address in March. However, if you do not receive an invitation, you are still welcome to participate. Please contact our department at (919) 843-5467 or email Tamsen Foote at email@example.com to participate.
- Special parking will be made available to all guests with disabilities and there will be signs clearly marked around campus. Spots will be taken on a first come, first served basis. Please consult the UNC Commencement website for more details.
- The University will provide shuttle bus services until 5:30 pm. If you plan to attend the main ceremony at 9:00 am, we recommend your guests walk or take the shuttle bus from Kenan Stadium to Carmichael Arena instead of trying to re-park, as our ceremony takes place very shortly after the main ceremony. The two facilities are within a 5 minute walking distance of each other.
- There will be ample handicap accessible seating in Carmichael Arena, but we strongly recommend your guests, especially those who may need extra time, arrive as early as possible in order to be seated before the ceremony begins at 1:00 pm.
- During the ceremony, you will not receive your diploma. Your diploma will be mailed to you at a later date.
Please contact the University Events Office at 919-962-2821 for information regarding the University Ceremony at Kenan Stadium. Additional information can be found on the commencement website.
Doctoral Hooding Ceremony
Please contact the Graduate School at 919-966-2611 or 919-962-6329 for questions regarding the Doctoral Hooding Ceremony. Additional information can be found on their website.