The UNC Psychology Department’s Undergraduate Commencement Ceremony will be held in Carmichael Arena at 1:00 PM on Sunday, May 10, 2015.
Below are several important announcements regarding our departmental commencement ceremony. Please contact Tamsen Foote at (919) 843-5467 with additional questions.
- Graduates should arrive by 12:30 pm in order to line up for the processional. Late arrivals will be seated at the back.
- No tickets are needed and the ceremony is open to the public.
- The ceremony will last approximately 1.5 hours.
- All those graduating in December 2014, May 2015 or August 2015 are invited to participate.
- Formal invitations will be mailed to your permanent mailing address in March. However, if you do not receive an invitation, you are still welcome to participate. Please contact our department at (919) 843-5467 or email Tamsen Foote at firstname.lastname@example.org to participate.
- Special parking will be made available to all guests with disabilities and there will be signs clearly marked around campus. Spots will be taken on a first come, first served basis. Transportation & Parking suggests, for disability parking, to park in any south campus lot with a designated shuttle stop. Ride the shuttles to Kenan Stadium Gate 6 for the Main Ceremony. Vehicles may also park in South Road metered parking spots or the School of Government Deck with a state disability permit or plate after 11 am for the Department Ceremony. Read more about parking at Transportation & Parking’s website.
- Public parking is available off-campus at the Friday Center or south campus lots. These have designated shuttles that will allow you to ride the shuttle to Gate 2 and Gate 6. Ride back on the shuttle from the Old Well from 1 pm to 5 pm. Read more about parking at Transportation & Parking’s website.
- Faculty and staff may park in the Cobb Deck or Bell Tower Deck. These decks require a valid event permit or a valid weekday permit. Read more about parking at Transportation & Parking’s website.
- The University will provide shuttle bus services until 5 pm. If you plan to attend the main ceremony at 9:00 am, we recommend your guests walk or take the shuttle bus from Kenan Stadium to Carmichael Arena instead of trying to re-park, as our ceremony takes place very shortly after the main ceremony. The two facilities are within a 5 minute walking distance of each other.
- There will be ample handicap accessible seating in Carmichael Arena, but we strongly recommend your guests, especially those who may need extra time, arrive as early as possible in order to be seated before the ceremony begins at 1:00 pm.
- During the ceremony, you will not receive your diploma. Your diploma will be mailed to you at a later date.
Please contact the University Events Office at 919-962-2821 for information regarding the University Ceremony at Kenan Stadium. Additional information can be found on the commencement website.
Doctoral Hooding Ceremony
Please contact the Graduate School at 919-966-2611 or 919-962-6329 for questions regarding the Doctoral Hooding Ceremony. Additional information can be found on their website.