The UNC Psychology Department’s Undergraduate Commencement Ceremony will be held in Carmichael Arena at 1:00 PM on Sunday, May 10, 2015.
Below are several important announcements regarding our departmental commencement ceremony. Please contact Tamsen Foote at (919) 843-5467 with additional questions.
- Graduates should arrive by 12:30 pm in order to line up for the processional. Late arrivals will be seated at the back.
- No tickets are needed and the ceremony is open to the public.
- The ceremony will last approximately 1.5 hours.
- All those graduating in December 2014, May 2015 or August 2015 are invited to participate.
- Formal invitations have been mailed to your permanent mailing address. However, if you do not receive an invitation, you are still welcome to participate. Please contact our department at (919) 843-5467 or email Tamsen Foote at firstname.lastname@example.org to participate.
- Parking will be limited on Sunday, May 10. If you attend the main ceremony in the morning, we recommend you do not attempt to re-park. Carmichael Arena is a 3 minute walk from Kenan Stadium. For general public parking and disability parking, see below:
- General Public Parking: Cobb Deck will be available for general parking and is first-come, first-served. Cobb Parking Deck is located off Raleigh Street. Public parking is also available off-campus at the Friday Center with shuttle service. Shuttles start at 8:45 am and will run on continuous service until 5:30 pm. Shuttles start at the Friday Center (100 Friday Center Drive) and will drop-off guests at Gates 2 and 6 at the Kenan Stadium.
- Disability Parking: Guests or students with a disability permit or plate are welcome to park in South Road metered parking spots. After 11 am, additional spots will be made available for the disabled in the School of Government Deck, off of South Road.
- Faculty and Staff Parking: Cobb Deck is available for all parking, but is first-come, first-served. Faculty and staff may also park in the Bell Tower Deck, but this deck requires a valid weekday permit.
- More information can be found online at Transportation & Parking’s website and via map for parking deck locations.
- There will be ample handicap accessible seating in Carmichael Arena, but we strongly recommend your guests, especially those who may need extra time, arrive as early as possible in order to be seated before the ceremony begins at 1:00 pm.
- During the ceremony, you will not receive your diploma. Your diploma will be mailed to you at a later date.
Please contact the University Events Office at 919-962-2821 for information regarding the University Ceremony at Kenan Stadium. Additional information can be found on the commencement website.
Doctoral Hooding Ceremony
Please contact the Graduate School at 919-966-2611 or 919-962-6329 for questions regarding the Doctoral Hooding Ceremony. Additional information can be found on their website.
A brief reception will follow the May 9th Doctoral Hooding Ceremony at Davie Hall. Doctoral graduates and their families are welcome to stop by for a light brunch. Please contact Dr. Mitch Prinstein with any questions.