The Karen M. Gil Internship program in Psychology is hosting an Information Session for students interested in applying for the Spring 2015 semester! The Gil program gives junior and senior Psychology majors the opportunity to participate in a three-credit, PAID internship based the Chapel Hill/Research Triangle area. Placements are limited (only 10-12 interns per semester) and based on a highly-competitive application process. Students must have and maintain a 3.4 GPA, have completed PSYC 101 and two additional psychology courses, and be prepared for a rigorous yet rewarding program. If this sounds like something you would qualify for and be interested in, please be sure to attend the Information Session Wednesday, September 10th from 5:30-6:30pm in Davie 112. Please direct all inquiries to: GilInternship@unc.edu.
application timeline for the spring 2015 semester
- Wednesday, October 1, 2014: Applications and letters of recommendation due
- All applications must be submitted by 4:00pm on this date.
- Wednesday, October 8, 2014: Finalists announced
- October 10 & 13-15: Interview process for applicants
- Friday, October 17, 2014: Final decisions and placement offers made
- Friday, October 24, 2014: Signed contracts must be returned to the Karen M. Gil Internship Manager (Davie 213C) by 4:00pm.
*Students who fail to turn in their contract will forfeit their place in the program*
Late applications WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.