Diversifying Psychology Weekend
The next Diversifying Psychology Weekend will be held remotely April 7th to April 9th, 2022. The application deadline is January 30, 2022. Letters of recommendation and transcripts will be accepted up to one week after the application deadline (February 6, 2022).
The UNC Diversifying Psychology Weekend is an opportunity for ethnic/racial minority undergraduates and recent college graduates invested in pursuing doctoral-level training in psychology and neuroscience. While we encourage all applicants, this program would be most beneficial for those who are planning to apply to graduate school in the near future.
Eligible applicants must:
- Be enrolled at a college or university as a sophomore, junior, or senior OR have graduated with an undergraduate degree;
- Identify as an ethnic/racial minority traditionally underrepresented in graduate psychology programs; and
- Have a strong interest in pursuing a doctoral degree in any area of psychology.
The program includes three days of seminars, panel discussions, and workshops. Students will have the opportunity to learn how to develop a competitive application, meet doctoral students and faculty from our department in formal and informal settings, attend seminars, and receive an introduction to our graduate training opportunities and each of our graduate research programs. This year’s DPW will invite students to explore the six graduate programs in the Psychology & Neuroscience department at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill: Clinical, Cognitive, Social, Developmental, Quantitative Psychology, and Behavioral and Integrative Neuroscience (BIN).
If you are eligible and interested, we encourage you to apply. Materials required for application include:
- Online Application – Due January 30, 2022.
- Applicants can preview the application short answer questions here.
- Official/Unofficial Transcripts (emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org) – Due January 30, 2022
- Two Reference Letters (emailed to email@example.com) – Due February 6, 2022
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
DPW Student Resources
Please feel free to check out some of the presentations and resources that were shared at our 2017 Diversifying Psychology Weekend. All resources below are PDFs.