It is our great pleasure to inform you that Dr. Keely Muscatell has been selected as a recipient of the 2022 American Psychological Association (APA) Distinguished Scientific Award for Early Career Contribution to Psychology in the area of health psychology. As the history of this award indicates, it is an outstanding accolade for scientific achievement.
The APA Distinguished Scientific Awards for an Early Career Contribution to Psychology honor early career scientists for contributions in the first 9 years post-PhD. For the purpose of this award, psychology has been divided into 10 areas:
- animal learning and behavior, comparative
- cognition/human learning
- behavioral and cognitive neuroscience\
- perception and motor performance
- social psychology
- applied research (e.g., treatment and prevention research, industrial/organizational research, educational research)
- individual differences (e.g., personality, psychometrics, mental ability, behavioral genetics)
An announcement of all APA award recipients will be printed in the March 2022 APA Monitor.