The deadline for Fall 2022 Admissions is December 7, 2021.
Admissions for Psychology and Neuroscience is limited to the Fall semester only. Applications and payments must be received by 11:59 EST on the deadline date. The Psychology and Neuroscience Department only admits applicants whose objective is the Ph.D., although students may be awarded the M.A. en route to a Ph.D.
Applications for admissions to the Psychology and Neuroscience Graduate Programs must be submitted through UNC Graduate School’s website. All application materials must be uploaded through this online application system; we do not accept materials via email or mail. Please note that effective 2020, we will not be reviewing or requiring GRE scores from our applicants.
Required application materials for all applicants include:
- Graduate School Online Application
- Non-Refundable Application Fee
- Potential applicants can apply for a fee waiver for their application. For additional details, please visit the Graduate School’s website
- Unofficial transcripts must be uploaded to the online application; official transcripts will be required upon an offer of admission.
- 3 Current Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- The statement of purpose consists of four short essay questions, each of 250 words or less. Specific questions are posted online.
- Area of Interest (i.e. one of our six graduate programs)
- An occasional applicant has interests that lie at the intersection of two of our programs. In this situation, we may consider the applicant for “dual-program” status, with membership (and requirements) in both programs. If you are interested in this option, select two programs and explain your overlapping interests in your statement of purpose, identifying at least one faculty member you would like to work with in each of the two programs.
- Optional: Faculty Interest
- Applicants may list up to five faculty members with whom they would like to work.
International applicants will also need to provide:
- TOEFL or IELT Score
- Score received within the past 2 years
- No department code is necessary, but please include the UNC Graduate School Institution Code: #5816.
- Financial Certification (US Immigration Requirement for entry into the U.S.)
Questions regarding any application materials or the online application form should be directed to the UNC Graduate School at email@example.com.
For More Information
Student Services Manager
Director of Graduate Studies
Dr. Keith Payne